Can you believe the fall season is just around the corner? There’s so much to take advantage of in Connecticut this fall – from various ways to check out fall foliage to plenty of deals and activities happening all season long. Check out our top picks below and let us know what your plans are this season!
Explore fall foliage from every angle this season:
- Hot Air Balloon: Enjoy clear views of up to 100 miles of the diverse Connecticut countryside, with Airvertising & Airventures, Berkshire Balloons and Eastern Connecticut Balloon Services.
- Sky-dive: Fall into fall at speeds up to 120 miles per hour from 13,500 feet above the golden treetops, with Connecticut Parachutists, Inc. and Boston/Hartford Skydiving Center.
- Fly: Enjoy 360 degree views through charter services, flying lessons and aerial tours. Soar through the open air with Chester Charter, Oxford Flight Training LLC or Centennial Helicopters.
- Climb or Zip: Learn to safely tree climb or zip-line while taking in the best views of the fall landscape with organizations like Tree Climb Connecticut, LLC, EMPOWER Leadership Sports & Adventure Center and Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park.
- Drive: Take in the breathtaking color along Merritt Parkway (Route 15) or Route 169 in the Quiet Corner (both recognized as National Scenic Byways).The foliage along the drive is lush any time of year, but it’s especially magnificent during the fall.
- Paddle a Kayak: Main Stream Canoe & Kayaks and Connecticut Coastal Kayaking offer classes and events for all levels.
- Hike: After an invigorating 1.25 mile hike through Talcott Mountain State Park, enjoy extensive vistas of fall foliage from atop the 165 foot Heublein Tower.
- Visit: Kent, CT was ranked the number one Fall Foliage Town in New England by Yankee Magazine in 2011, chosen not only for its leaves, but because of its idyllic farm stands, waterfalls and antique stores, which are framed by the glorious fall color this time of year. Check out Macedonia Brook State Park there for the best fall foliage in New England.
Take advantage of the abundance of fall deals and plan a Connecticut getaway:
- Get away with your loved one this fall with the Fall in Love Package at the Bee and Thistle Inn (Old Lyme, CT). Named the most romantic in by Connecticut Magazine for 10 years, this package includes two nights, champagne and chocolates upon arrival, dinner for two, breakfast in bed, tickets to the Florence Griswold Museum, a couple’s massage and a gift tote. Weekend Packages start at $750.
- Enjoy the beautiful colors of Eastern Connecticut with this Mid-Week Fall Foliage Special in Mystic County. Stay at the Inn at Lower Farm B&B and enjoy authentic country charm, hospitality and locally-sourced fall treats such as cider, pumpkin cookies and apples. Rates begin at $400 and are available Sunday – Thursday.
- Plan a romantic dinner and see a show (East Haddam, CT). Reserve tickets for any Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday evening performance at the Goodspeed Opera House or The Norma Terris Theatre and receive special dinner offers from participating area restaurants (such as The Ivory Restaurant, Restaurant L&E and more).