With cases of the flu becoming increasingly prevalent in North Branford and surrounding towns, health officials are recommending that everyone get flu shots.
That includes people who have already had the flu, because this year's flu shot is designed to protect against three strains, two Type As, and one Type B. If you've only had one, you are not protected against the other. And if you got a flu shot last year, that doesn't protect you for this year.
The problem is that some doctor's offices are out and don't plan to restock, but there are local options that were still offering the flu shot. It is recommended to call ahead to be sure it is in stock and check the hours for administering flu shots.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy in North Branford, 280 Branford Road, North Branford, 203-488-8703.
- CVS Pharmacy in Guilford, 1057 Boston Post Road, Guilford. 203-458-1444.
- CVS Pharmacy in Old Saybrook, 519 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook, CT. 860-388-1145.
- Clinton Stop & Shop Pharmacy, 215 E. Main Street, Clinton, CT. 860-669-6636.
- CVS Pharmacy in Madison, at the corner of Boston Post Road and Route 79, Madison CT is expected to get more flu shots in by Wednesday of next week. 203-245-3165.
If you know of other locations that are providing flu shots, please let us know in the comment section below the story. Thanks.
While the flu shot takes about two weeks to provide protection, the flu season generally runs into early spring, so health care providers say it's worth it to get protected now.