Happy Monday North Branford! Hopefully everyone had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed the . I can't believe we're already heading into the middle of the month. With such a packed calendar, the time seems to fly by!
We headed to New London's SailFest to check out the fireworks. It turned out to be a great night, but we all enjoyed the fireworks, especially my youngest, who clapped and cheered for most of the show!
Be sure to have your cameras and phones ready to take pictures so you can share some of your summer memories with Patch by uploading them to our gallery.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday by signing up for the free North Branford Patch daily newsletter, "liking" us on Facebook and following us on Twitter.
Support a Good Cause
. Eat at in Branford on Monday, July 9 to help the shelter, based in North Branford.
The is Thursday, July 12 at 10 a.m. at Tradition in Wallingford.
Buy your on Friday, July 13 beginning at 2 p.m. at Stop & Shop in Branford
All that Jazz
Check out on Thursday, July 12 at 6 p.m. at the .
Park and Rec Programs
The North Branford Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs for all ages including and . For full descriptions, check out their website.
Kids' Fun at the Library
Now that school is out, the calendar at the and are packed with things for the kids to do. Here's a look at this week's activities:
- on Monday, July 9 at 6 p.m. (Smith)
- on Tuesday, July 10 at 10 a.m. (Smith) and at 11:30 a.m. (Atwater)
- on Tuesdays at 1 p.m. (Atwater)
- is back at the on Tuesdays at 3 p.m. (Smith)
- on Tuesday, July 10 at 6:30 p.m. (Smith)
- at all day on Tuesday, July 10
- on Wednesday, July 11 at 10 a.m. (Smith)
- on Wednesday, July 11 at 4 p.m. (Smith)
- visits the library on Thursday, July 12 at 10 a.m. ($3)
- on Thursday, July 12 at 6 p.m. with a showing of Happy Feet Two (Smith)
- on Friday, July 13 at 10 a.m. (Smith)
Interested in what's happening in town government? Take in a town meeting–they're all open to the public. Most town meetings are held at at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- on Monday, July 9
- on Tuesday, July 10
- on Wednesday, July 11 (5 p.m.)
- on Thursday, July 12
Check out our calendar for more events. Know of event that's not listed? ! Want your photo featured as the North Branford Happenings picture next week? Add your photos to our .