The following is the morning update from Interim Town Manager Bonnie Therrien
All roads are impassable and people should not, repeat, should not go out on the roads. Route 80 is a mess, as are all roads. Plows were stuck on roads all night and payloaders were brought in to get them out of the snow.
The Town has all plows working as best they can, along with outside contractors, but as fast as they plow, the roads are covered. People need to be very patient with the Town crews. We are working as diligently as possible to open the main roads and then on to the side roads.
So far, no power outages in North Branford – we are very lucky. We are suppose to have a staff meeting at 11 am after we have the Governor's call with the municipalities. The most important thing that people need to know is the roads are definitely impassable.
If people have questions, they can call the Emergency Operations Center at 203-484-9549; 484-2196; 484-2583; and 484-9358.
More on the Blizzard
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working (announcement)
- North Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do We Name Winter Storms?
- Blizzard Updates: North Branford Schools Closed
- North Branford Schools Closed in Anticipation of Blizzard
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for North Branford