This afternoon's phone call from the Town of North Branford stated that the town is now 95 percent with power. For those still in need of services, several are available including:
- Water-filling station at (bring your own containers). The blue hose is drinking water; the green hose is non-potable.
- Showers at East Haven High School, Planet Fitness in East Haven and the Guilford Community House. Bring your own towels and personal care items.
- Cell phone and computer charging as well as wi-fi at both the and libraries. Open until 8 p.m. today (Sept. 2).
- Curbside pickup of brush and limbs will occur in the coming weeks. Do not place items in the street.
- Brush dropoff is also available at the Sweichek property next to the ; there is also a dumpster for spoiled food.
- Packaged meals and bottled water will be available at on Route 80 in North Branford tonight.
Any and all building damage should be reported to the building inspector at 203-484-6008. This needs to be done for possibility of FEMA eligibility.
Schools are scheduled to open on Tuesday, Sept. 6. According to the district's website, all previously scheduled orientations and open have been canceled or postponed.