North Branford's interim , , shares the weekly report for the week ending Aug. 10, 2012. Some highlights from the report include:
- I would like to thank all of the volunteers and the staff time that went into such a last weekend. Some people have reported we may have broke some records on Saturday, but we should know more in September. We will have a preliminary report on your Sept. 4 meeting.
- Attached is a newsletter on the as a case of . Our East Shore Health Department has information on how to protect yourself from the virus on their website.
- I have attached information from our Purchasing Agent, Michelle Knockwood, on the what other communities use for local vendor preference ordinances, as well as information on how other municipalities handle the bidding for their towns. She also contacted the contractor from The Nasi Group in Waterford and they are not charging portal to portal. We are still waiting to hear from the other vendors on the final bid list.
- Potato and Corn Festival Recycling was a success. Andrew Bozzuto from John’s Refuse has reported approximately 80-90 percent of the refuse from the fair was recyclable as single-stream (breakdown included in full report)
- Updates on the as well as possibly bringing a natural gas hookup to .
- Full report attached as PDF
Interested in North Branford's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free North Branford Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
These reports are sent to the Town Council, town staff and the media each week. It will also be posted on the town's website. Residents can request to be added to the email distribution list as well by emailing Gina Cox at email@example.com.
Therrien was after the town made an "" with former town manager .