Get Out and Go
There are so many fun things to do in the area and when school is in session, it's hard to fit some of the fun stuff in. Here are some things that we like to do or places we have been meaning to get to.
- Ice skating at
- Play lasertag, cyber-sport and arcade games at the
- Check out , which , with its giant inflatable bouncehouses, slides and more.
- Check out the cone at , which just opened for the 2012 season.
- Take in a movie at Regal Cinemas in Branford. Current kid flicks in theaters include Lockout (PG13), Three Stooges (PG), Titanic 3D (PG13), Mirror Mirror (PG), Wrath of the Titans 3D (PG13), (PG13) and October Baby (PG13) .
- Bowl some frames at AMF Bowling Center in East Haven or for a change of pace, try Johnson's Duckpin Lanes in Hamden.
Check Out Our Local Museums
Connecticut has a long list of museums to check out that suit any age range with 153 listed on museumstuff.com. For a cost-effective trip, check out your to see what museum passes they offer. The passes allow free or discounted admission to a variety of attractions around the state.
Take a Hike
You don’t have to travel far to hit the trails. has a few short, easy trails or the offers longer loops. If you want to go a little farther, you can walk around the lake at Chatfield Hollow, check out the waterfall and covered bridges or get into the woods on one of many trails.
Hang Out at Home
I know that after months of rushing around getting ready and packing lunches in the morning, sometimes it's nice to just stay home. Take some time to enjoy the backyard, read some books, do some crafts or snuggle up on the couch for a movie.