On Feb. 4, the indoor track teams continued the with the Shoreline Conference Championships at the Floyd Little Track and Field Center. The boys’ team came in third with 79 points, while the girls were seventh with 50 points.
The boys’ team saw two Shoreline champions as Robert Martino was crowned in the 55-meter dash with a time of 6.7 seconds, while Rocco Morgan was victorious in the shot put with a throw of 42-5. With their first-place finishes, both earned First Team All-Shoreline honors.
Matt Edwards was named Second Team All-Shoreline. He not only placed second in the 600, but his time of 1:26.89 broke a school record. Edwards also broke a school record with a fifth-place in the 300 (37.83).
Two relay teams also earned Second Team All-Shoreline with second-place finishes with the added bonus of each breaking a school record as well. The girls’ 4x200 team of Jordan Miket, Natalie Baughan, Miranda Jassil and Katelyn Pantera put a time of 1:55.36 in the record books, while the boys’ 4x400 team of Ryan Proto, Gary Falanga, Matt Edwards and Bernie Cermola recorded a time of 3:39.24.
The 4x200 team of Martino, Cory Onofrio, Bobby Miller and Falanga earned third to score points with a time of 1:38.84; while the 4x800 team of Bernie Cermola, Proto, Jason Conforte and Kevin Walker set a school record with a time of 8:43.4 for third place.
The SMR team of Onofrio, Alex Raffone, Bobby Miller and Sean O’Connor placed fifth (4:02.43). Christian Perrotti also scored points for the boys’ team, taking fifth in the 55-meter dash (6.93).
Leading the girls in scoring was Jessica Wharton, whose throw of 29-5 was good for third place. Rachel Boyers was fourth in the 55 hurdles (9.3), while Jassil ran a school record-breaking 45.82 in the 300, which was good for fifth place.
In the high jump, Miket placed fifth at 4-6 with Bryana Saroka in sixth (4-2). In the shot put, Alexis Johnson took fifth (27-5).
The girls SMR Relay team of Sarah McDonald, Miket, Baughan and Jassil came in fourth (4:49.96) and the 4x800 team of Megan Rabuffo, McDonald, Chelsea Meagher and Marissa Bale took sixth (11:55.16).
Other Boys’ Finishers
- 1,000: Walker in 7th (2:53.49) and O’Connor in 8th (2:54.91)
- 600: Proto in 7th (1:32.73) and Conforte in 8th (1:32.98)
- 300: Falanga in 8th (38.97), Alex Raffone in 10th (39.26), Bobby Miller in 12th (39.79) and Andrew Sarmento in 18th (41.66)
- 1,600: Zack Augur in 19th (5:13.34)
- Long Jump: Onofrio in 8th (17-11 ½) and Michael Cermola in 11th (16-4 ½)
- Shot Put: Joe Griskauskas in 14th (35-4 ½)
Other Girls’ Finishers
- 55: Baughan in 7th (8.09),
- 1,000: McDonald in 7th (3:29.83)
- 600: Bale in 12th (1:59.31)
- 1,600: Meagher in 15th (6:37.38)
- 300: Rachel Sokoloff in 10th (47.25) and Sarah Olsen in 11th (47.43) and Katie Stevens in 19th (50.22).
- Long Jump: Rachel Boyers in 7th (14-7) and Bryana Saroka in 14th (13-8 ½)
- 55 Hurdles: Sokoloff in 13th (10.61)
- 55: Leah Martino in 9th (8.23) and Sokoloff in 11th (8.26)
- Shot Put: Stephanie Sileo in 9th (25-1 ½).