On Jan. 27, the competed in Shoreline League Meet #2 at the Floyd Little Athletic Center with several bright spots. The finishes are promising with the Shoreline Conference Championship scheduled for this Saturday, Feb. 6.
The boys’ team posted three first-place finishes, one second and one third; while the girls’ team saw a second- and a third-place finish.
was victorious in the 55-meter dash with a time of 6.5. He was also a part of the top-finishing 4x200 team along with , Gary Falanga and Bobby Miller (1:38.7). The T-Birds were strong in the shot put behind Rocco Morgan in first (45-0), Jordan Rippe in third (38-0) and Joe Griskauksas in 10th (34-10).
The 4x200 relay team of Natalie Baughan, , Katelyn Pantera and Jordan Miket led the girls’ team as it ran a 1:55.52 for second place. placed third in the 1,000 (3:32.2), while Jessica Wharton’s throw of 26-22 ½ was good for fifth place in the shot put.
The boys' 4x800 team of Bernie Cermola, Jason Conforte, also turned in a solid finish, taking second in 8:57.9. The sprint medley team of Sean O’Connor, Alex Raffone, Austin Calamita and Matt Gagliardi took fifth (4:12.6). In the 300, Falanga was sixth (38.7) followed by Raffone in 11th (39.3).
Other Boys’ Finishers
- 600: Proto, 7th, 1:32.3 and Jason Conforte, 8th, 1:32.7
- 3,200: Walker, 8th, 10:49.9
- High Jump: Michael Cermola, 8th, 5-0
- 1,000: Walker, 9th, 2:57.6 and O’Connor, 11th, 2:59
- 55 Hurdles: Michael Cermola, 13th, 10.5
- 1,600: Zach Augur, 14th, 5:17.9
Other Girls’ Finishers
- 4x800 of Jen Levine, Chelsea Meagher, Megan Rabuffo and Megan Oakes: 6th, 12:32.3
- 4x400 of Marissa Bale, Sara Olsen, Rachel Sokolff and Bryana Saroka: 6th, 4:55
- High Jump: Miket, 6th, 4-6 and Pantera, 7th, 4-4
- 55 Dash: Baughan, 7th, 7.9 and Sokolff, 9th, 8.0
- 300: Olsen, 8th, 46.8 and Sokolff, 9th, 47.0
- SMR Relay of Meagher, Pantera, Katie Stevens, and Marisa Tomaso: 8th, 5:27.3
- 600: Miket, 9th, 1:54.1
- 55 Hurdles: Sokolff, 13th, 10.3
- Long Jump: Saroka, 14th, 13-2