With 30 schools participating in the Haddam Killingworth Track and Field Invitational meet on Jan. 19 at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven, North Branford indoor track had a solid showing with the boys taking ninth with 24 points and the girls’ 22 points good for seventh place.
“All of the athletes did quite well in the very competitive field,” said Coach Floyd Parness.
The boys’ team saw two first-place finishes as the 4x400 team of Matt Edwards, Gary Falanga, Ryan Proto and Alex Raffone were victorious with a time of 3:36.3. Edwards also won the 600 (1:26.39) followed by Proto in fourth (1:29.99).
For the girls, points were scored by Emmy Dulak taking second place in the 600 at 1:40.08 and Jordan Miket in the high jump by taking third (4-10). The sprint medley team also placed third with Emmy Dulak, Maggie Dulak, Miket and Katie Stevens finishing in 4:40.16. Rachel Boyers rounded out the points-scorers for the girls with a fifth-place finish in the 55 hurdles (9.14).
Other North Branford Competitors
- Alex Raffone: 10th in the 300 at 38.62
- Gary Falanga: 13th in the 300 at 39.68
- Jason Conforte: 13th in the 1600 at 4:56.27
- Rocco Morgan: 14th in Shot Put at 40-9 In the 1000 Meters,
- Sean O’Connor: 13th in the 1,000 at 2:57.73
- Bryce Mase: 14th in the 1,000 at 2:59.20
- SMR of Zach Augur, Sean O’Connor, Shelby Franklin and Will Coleman: 13th at 4:16.33.
- 4x800 of Holly Dulak, Maggie Dulak, Jen Levine and Marissa Bale: 13th at 11:39.86
- 4x400 of Holly Dulak, Levine, Leah Martone and Catie Moran: 14th at 5:06.39
- Rachel Sokoloff :14th in the 55m Hurdles at 10.13