’s indoor track athletes continued to shine as they participated in the Shoreline League Meet #1 at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven on Jan. 9 right after the , which was on Jan. 7. There were three top-three finishes and 21 top-10 finishes.
Matt Edwards was the T-Birds’ highest placer of the day as his time of 1:28.6 was good for second place in the 600. The boys showed depth in the event as he was followed by in seventh (1:32.9) and Jason Conforte in eighth (1:35.8).
Those three athletes also contributed to a third-place finish from the 4x400 team along with Bernie Cermola, which finished in 3:47.3.
Robert Martino rounded out the T-Birds’ top-three finishers by taking third in the 55-meter (6.6). He also was sixth in the long jump (18-8 ½). Sarah McDonald was the top finisher for the girls’ team as her time of 13:05.4 was good for fourth place in the 3,200.
The relay teams were strong across the board with sixth-place finishes from the boys’ 4x800 of Zack Augur, Chris Kruglik, Sean O’Connor and Chris Olsen (9:49.3); the boys’ 4x200 A team of Christian Iuteri, Jonn Acker, Austin Calamita and Andrew Sarmento (1:52.9); the girls’ 4x400 team of Marissa Bale, Sara Olsen, Rachel Sokolff and Katie Stevens (4:54.5) and the girls’ 4x200 of Natalie Baughan, McDonald, Sara Olsen and Jordan Miket (2:01).
- 4x200 B Team of Matt Gagliardi, Conor Healy, Bryce Mase, and Jared Miket, 7th at 1:54.9
- 300: Alex Raffone, 7th at 39.5
- 1,000: Cermola, 7th at 2:53.4
- 3,200: Kevin Walker, 7th at 10:57.2
- Shot Put: Joe Griskauskas, 13th at 33-7 ½
- 1,600: Augur, 14th at 5:24.6
- 55: Baughan, 6th at 8.1
- 4x800 of Jen Levine, Chelsea Meagher, Megan Rabuffo and Megan Oakes, 8th at 12:51.6
- SMR of Meagher, Kayla Nowak, Rabuffo, and Marisa Tomaso, 8th at 5:27.3
- 1,000: McDonald, 8th at 3:34.9 and Meagher, 11th at 3:52.4
- 300: Sokolff, 10th at 47.5 and Olsen 11th at 47.8
- Shot Put: Stephanie Sileo, 10th at 23-8 ½
- Hurdles: Sokolff, 11th at 10.6
- High Jump: Bryana Saroka, 12th at 4-4
- Long Jump: Saroka, 15th at 12-10
- 600: Bale, 17th at 2:01.2