It's finally here! The tents are raised, the stage is set, the rides are in place. The opens today at 4 p.m. Tons of volunteers have been busy preparing for the festival and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate.
As usual, there will be food, games, rides and entertainment throughout the weekend. The full schedule of performers–there are some great bands performing–on the main stage and tent stage is attached and also available online.
The craft vendors will display their wares throughout the weekend and the business expo is also a three-day event this year. North Branford Patch will be in the business expo tent on Saturday, Aug. 4 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m so be sure to come by, say hello and get some free stuff!
And today is the last day to ! Who will be this year's Potato Prince and Princess? Who will be King and Queen Corn? are (begrudgingly) ready to pass on their potato prizes! Email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's a rundown of just some of the special events planned for each day.
- Antique car show
- Tractor pull from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Farmers' market from noon to 8 p.m.
- Fireworks at 9 p.m. above the main stage
- beginning at 1 p.m. until the cows take care of their business!
- Crowning of the Royal Patch Court on the main stage at 3:15 p.m.
- Final performance on the main stage, Shaded Soul at 3:30 p.m.
What You Need to Know
- What: North Branford Potato and Corn Festival
- Where: Augur Farm, 298 Forest Road, North Branford
- Parking: free shuttles available from Stanley T. Williams and North Branford Intermediate School; onsite parking is $5
- Admission: free
2011 Potato and Corn Festival Coverage