It's been a snow storm of epic proportions that everyone who lived in this part of Connecticut will remember for a lifetime. "Where were you when the Blizzard of 2013 hit North Branford?" will be asked over and over.
And while many enjoyed the snow with snowforts, snowmen and sledding, the blizzard certainly left a hefty weight to be lifted as all those feet of snow had to be cleared away.
As usual in North Branford, the community stepped up – Public Works cleared the roads and the police and fire departments kept residents safe, but they weren't the only ones hard at work.
The good Samaritan stories are making their way around town: groups of neighbors who chipped in to clear away the snow; a resident stopping to help others in an accident; neighbors helping elderly neighbors clear their driveways; and so much more.
Your story is out there. Share it in the comments or give the people who helped you a big thank you!
More on the Blizzard
- North Branford Getting Back to Normal After Blizzard
- Snowpocalypse! (Blog)
- Can You Help Shovel Off the Bubble?
- Malloy: "We're Hearty Stock Here in Connecticut"
- Malloy Expresses Concern About Structural Safety After Rains
- Passerby Helps Those in Overturned Car on Route 80
- Report: Private Plowers Charging Exorbitant Rates
- Are You Offering Plow Services in North Branford?
- Urgent: Travel Ban in Effect for North Branford
- National Guard Gives NBFD a Hand
- PHOTOS: North Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working (announcement)
- Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do We Name Winter Storms?
- Blizzard Updates: North Branford Schools Closed
- North Branford Schools Closed in Anticipation of Blizzard
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for North Branford