North Branford's interim town manager, Bonnie Therrien, shares the weekly report for the week ending Sept. 14, 2012. Some highlights from the report include:
- Upcoming events include an E-waste collection on Oct. 6; the Totoket Historical Society's Colonial Dinner on Oct. 14; North Branford Unleashed's Bark in the Park on Oct. 20; the Health District's flu clinic in the Council Chambers on Oct. 25.
- There will be a presentation on the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies, 2013 on Monday, Oct. 1 at 7 pm in Town Hall. This is open to the public and to all of you as they are actively soliciting information from each municipality in framing a regional economic development action plan.
- Mitch Nowak, an Eagle Scout who plans to update Totoket Valley Park's softball field, is seeking donations of materials.
- Therrien toured Litchfield County dispatch, which has regionalized dispatch for fire, police and emergency.
- For full report, see the attached PDF.
Interested in North Branford's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free North Branford Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
These reports are sent to the Town Council, town staff and the media each week. It will also be posted on the town's website. Residents can request to be added to the email distribution list as well by emailing Gina Cox at email@example.com.
Therrien was named North Branford's interim town manager at the July 10 Town Council meeting after the town made an "amicable split" with former town manager Richard Branigan.